Friday, May 9, 2008

Show Prep



Getting ready for an
art exhibition
can be quite daunting.


A week or two before the show . . .

Late nights determined to finish one more painting before the show, waking suddenly at 2 am when you remember that ‘one thing’ you forgot to do, trying to stay attentive to remaining somewhat balanced in your life (Hah! Hah!). You get the drift. All the little details; it’s exciting and exhausting. The hope, the anticipation, the energy. . .

Last night I was helping set up for tomorrow’s exhibition. It was fun. A little slow warming up, but once we finally decided to pick up a bottle of wine things loosened up a little. Of course Clem came back with the wine, and we realized we didn’t have a corkscrew! So, the hunt was on to find something to pull the darn cork out. Bill found a large hook (like a mug hook) and got to work on it. With a little leverage the cork was out, we said a little toast, turned on the jazz and we got into the groove.

The show is featuring the works of three artists - My work, Bill Cramer's landscapes, and Lisa Kaiser's miniature sculptures.


Here I posted two little snippets from my newest painting that will be at this show.











Here is the infamous mug hook that rescued the evening, properly placed on its throne - with the wine bottle cork still attached.


__________________________________________________

Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

joseph's art and stuff said...

I seem to be working on new stuff right up to the day I'm supposed to set-up. Last time the kiln was still warm/hot as I was taking pieces out to load in my car for the show... you gotta love pressure. Good luck on your show, you make great art.

Melanie Banayat said...

I can just picture you handling your work like hot potatoes. LOL!

joseph's art and stuff said...

True, I haven't dropped any...yet. I haven't made anything in clay since the show last month. I've been drawing, but my drive to produce is down.

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!