Thursday, August 27, 2009

Artists who blog

No S#/t...I Won't Quit!
or is it ...Hell No I Won't Go!?!?!

The last nine months "This Artists" has been on the Behemoth Roller Coaster Ride. Both in my personal and professional life I've had to tend to some things that have required my undivided attention. So my priorities were shifted and "blogging" was simply not a top priority.

Then when I was finally able to get back to blogging -- "it" happened. A glitch. Yup, a yucky, dirty, nasty glitch. I tried to publish a new post and got an error message. Talk about frustration. Ugh!

But I'm back now. : ) :o

Sooo . . . Let me re-introduce myself. I'm Melanie. Welcome to the world of "Melanieville"/

Have a look at some of my newest drawings below. I continue with my fascination with the human figure. This time I did a little manipulation of some gorgeous yoga poses.

Tomorrow I hope to find a victim (I mean a willing volunteer) to let me draw her during the 4th Friday Art Walk in Prescott at the Satori Design Studio Gallery. Maybe I'll do a little manipulation of her hair. Could be fun!



"Scorpion Pose - Thistle" by Melanie Banayat



"Pigeon Pose - Bird of Paradise" by Melanie Banayat



"Crane Pose - Flower" by Melanie Banayat


Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

TomboCheck said...

Holy smokes! I almost didn't believe it when your name popped in my my reader! Glad to see you back in the blogging world Melanie! Love the Yoga poses. :)

Melanie Banayat said...

Thanks Tom. Good to be back!

Lindy Gaskill said...

Hi, I found your blog through the Line Design Graphics Website. Your art is beautiful! It's been fun reading your story about your life and art! Keep it up! Wishing you much success!

Melanie Banayat said...

Hey Lindy, thanks for the kind complement. Dave at Line Design Graphics has done good work for me - if you're thinking of using his services I give the thumbs up!

Wonderful Star said...

I just found your blog and these sketches are amazing.

j

joseph's art and stuff said...

Great to see you back! These yoga poses with flowers are great!

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!