Friday, September 4, 2009

What is the Spirit of Women?

What is the Spirit of Women?

That is the question I continuously explore in my art -- one little piece of the puzzle at a time. I offer my insight, not as a trained psychologist or expert on human behavior, but simply as a women, mother, daughter, sister, wife, two-times ex-wife, artist, and businesswoman.

There isn't a simple answer to the question, "What is the Spirit of Women?" Women are complex and fascinating subjects to paint. Even though there are so many different personality types, so many different beliefs, and so many different core values among women worldwide there is such a powerful connection between women that surpasses these differences. It's a sisterhood of empathy, and the ability to see past the invisible walls and directly into the heart.

Often in the eyes of men, it appears as though women can read each other's minds. What is that? How do they do that?

I hope to inspire women through my work and help open the door for communication. My work is based on real people and real life stories. I'm always searching for ways to spark an emotional connection whether it be on canvas or through my greeting cards.

In large part I also hope to offer men bits of insight into the Spirit of Women. What you do with it from there is up to you of course. As I said before, there are no simple answers. The best advice I can offfer to a man is to understand the value in nurturing a woman's true spirit, and that it's an ongoing effort. The key is knowing what that nurturing looks like, acts like, feels like -- well, you get the picture.

On these pages, and through my art I will continue to explore the Spirit of Women and hope you find my insights at the very least . . . entertaining.


MiliGirl Note Cards make unique gifts for women. Find and send the perfect "Just Because" greeting card at the MiliGirl Collection online store.

Please share this post with others - Thanks! Melanie Banayat

Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

TomboCheck said...

I hope you can impart some serious wisdom. The workings of your spirit seems to be immeasurably mysterious. To me at least, maybe I've just got a lot to learn. :)

Melanie Banayat said...

I always love your comments, Tom. Well, at least you are in good company with the masses of "goodhearted" men who seek to break the code of feminine mystery.

I feel fortunate to have met a few wise men who have claimed that the key lies within their own heart. I think they're right. However, I have also personally known a few men that claim the only thing that lied within their heart (concerning women) was a heart attack waiting to happen.

Gretchen said...

I love your blog! Very inspirational in it's message! I look forward to reading and seeing more of your beautiful art in capturing the spirit of women!

Carrie said...

Your work is beautiful! :)

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!