Sunday, September 20, 2009

Women and Wine


This series is available on customizable party invitations at www.zazzle.com/miligirl

"See, Smell, Swirl, Sip, Savor"


On a lighter side -- I have wanted to do a women and wine series of paintings for quite a while now. However, I just want to make one thing very clear from the get go . . . I'm not a sommelier, wine snob, wine connoisseur or anything even remotely close. In fact, I don't even play one on TV, but I do enjoy having a glass of wine (or two) with friends from time to time.

The five steps of wine tasting: "See, Smell, Swirl, Sip, Savor" seemed a fitting choice for my first women and wine series. Portraying contemporary women dressed in little black dresses and letting their hair down for a carefree evening with good company.

Three of my personal favorite stories of sharing wine with friends include: Ladies night in Ajijic, Mexico (Spring of 2006) with about ten women, which included dancing 'til 4 am at el-Bar-Co, then hitting Jessica's tacos after hours. Then there was the sidewalk cafe' in mid-afternoon with my friend Bill in Patzcuaro, Mexico when we were hunting for a pair of Blue Boots to escape bigger worries in life for a day -- things like recovering from divorce and dying from cancer. And last, there was the "Choosing of a Name" for my newly formed art group in the course of one evening and six dirty-minded creative artists.


This women and wine series is on exhibit (as of today) at the Raven Cafe' in downtown Prescott, AZ as part of the A.C.E. Art Group's group exhibition, which runs from September 20th, through October 31st, 2009.


The Opening Night Artist's Reception
is this coming Thursday September 24th. 5 pm - 8 pm. Come join us for wine, appetizers, live music, a ton of new art (at great prices) and an all around good time at the Raven Cafe'.


Here's the Big Question: Guess what A.C.E. stands for.


MiliGirl Note Cards make unique gifts for women. Find and send the perfect "Just Because" greeting card at the MiliGirl Collection online store.

Please share this post with others - Thanks! Melanie Banayat

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

.:*aMbAr*:. said...

I love wine and the pictures are great. I came over here to thank you for following my blog. You're amazing. Big kisses to you.

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!