Monday, June 9, 2008

An Unquiet Mind


Events that change us . . .







Over the past six months or so I’ve had a rather large number of nightmares. Some have been pretty bizarre, where they would bounce from one crazy thing to another, and others played out like I was watching a movie from beginning to end, with a great deal of detail, and then there were those that would have five or six different versions of the same nightmare. Most of the dreams contain traumatic deaths of people that I love.


I have never really looked into the study and interpretation of dreams, but I’m beginning to become very curious about it. It’s disturbing to me why I’m having so many of these nightmares. Why?!?!?! Is there a reason for these dreams? Are they messages? If so, what? What am I suppose to do with all of this ugliness and fear? I wake up having cried in my sleep, along with an upset stomach.

I wake up and talk about my dreams to Greg, or the people that the dreams were about. I think of how any of these events that I dream about would change my life if they were to actually happen in real life.

What do all of these dreams symbolize? Are they really about the death of my loved one’s or something different?

I haven’t had much truly restful sleep in a long time. It seems almost ironic that I paint all of these peaceful images of women sleeping, or meditating, while I'm being plagued with all of these awful nightmares. I just don't know what to think about it. I wish I could just turn off my unquiet mind!

_____________________________________________________

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!