Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Employee of the Month


What is the best gift a customer
can give you?
(or in this case, fellow artist)





Hint: It’s not money.

It is an act that shows that a customer REALLY cares about you . . . Like a referral, help, or even a simple gift or words of support & encouragement.




A couple of weeks ago I wrote a blog about being “unemployable” (in reference to myself). Then yesterday I received a bulky letter in the mail from my dear friend and fellow artist, Lenny Mazzo (from California), along with this funny, but awesome button and the following note:


“Found this at a garage sale & thought of you. Since you might never get one of these from an employer, I thought you might want to give it to yourself sometime you feel worthy of it.”
Take care, Lenny

Lenny,
This is one of the best gifts I’ve ever received! … A good laugh, and a fun day at work. I love it! Thank you!


So, with my awesome button proudly pinned to my shirt I decided to take you all on a tour through A Day in the Life of the Employee of the Month. Of course, being an ARTrepreneur, I wear many hats. Today I was wearing my ‘Gal-Wednesday’ hat out running errands. Sorry, no art studio work today.




Packaging an order for a Giclee Print.











Here I am with Sandy at the Prescott Post Office.









Now I’m with Rachel at The UPS Store


















614 Division Street,
Prescott, Arizona
Phone: (928) 445-2226


As soon as I walked into the Division Street Frame Shop Clementine noticed the big red button and immediately looked at me with a puzzled expression and asked, “Employee of the Month? Who are you working for ?!?!?”

Clementine does the matting for my
'Strength of Women" art print.








Dodge Dakota 39x70x20 by Lenny Mazzo
Click on image to see more of Lenny Mazzo’s artwork.


______________________________________________________________
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool! Congrats on being recognized as the employee of the month.

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!