Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Miniature Series

It's the Little Things That Matter

Sometimes artists need to change things up a little to add some spice to their routine, and sometimes they need to change things up out of necessity. Lately I’ve had requests for more note card designs, which is exciting to me. However, most of my original artwork is created in a semi-large scale, which takes a lot more time to create. I have a long list of ideas for note cards just waiting to come to life. I often wish I could create as fast as the ideas come to my mind. Wouldn’t that be a trip!

So in order to address this issue I’ve decided to work on a series of smaller scale originals. The side benefit for my customers is that I will soon have some smaller scale original artworks available, which is going to be a first for both me and my customers. I’m looking forward to exhibiting some of the works from my miniature series during the up coming fall art festival season.

"To do something, however small, to make others happier and better, is the highest ambition, the most elevating hope, which can inspire a human being" - John Lubbock

If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way." - Napoleon Hill

We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.! - Mother Teresa


'Quiet Time' 36" x 36" original oil on canvas
by Melanie Banayat

_________________________________________________

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best to you on your new venture. Scale is always an issue, I know, but vision, which I don't hear you say is going to change, is more important and reaching more people with your work is a good thing. Go to it!

Melanie Banayat said...

My vision, my passion, my purpose continues on.

It's been a long time since I've worked in a smaller scale, it will be an interesting venture.

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!