Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Art Reflects Life

Current Events
Recorded on Canvas

In high school I couldn’t stand History classes -- US History, Arizona History, World History … whatever. I’m not positive if it had more to do with the subject matter or the presentation…but I would venture to lean toward the presentation, because I remember being more preoccupied with the teachers psoriasis on his forehead than with the lesson he was teaching. And……his drone voice got me doing the head bob thing. Very embarrassing!

But that all changed in college when I discovered that I could take “ART” History to meet my history requirements. I was so into Art History! Of course, we were still studying the same stuff as we did in World history, except with a twist. The whole “art” aspect of the class kept me interested and attentive. I loved seeing how artists recorded life & history on canvas, or whatever medium they worked in. They recorded everything from major historical events that happened around the world, to the small but meaningful events that happened around their own lives.























My latest painting, Green Goddess, is a record of my small but significant life. Well, the more I think about it I suppose it’s really about more than just my small life, because it’s really about what’s happening in our world these days. Green living.

We often do things unconsciously, and discover later the coincidence. I wanted to do a painting about Green Living, and how inundated my little world (our big world) has become trying to live a green life (which is not a bad thing). So, I did the painting, had it photographed, designed and wrote the words for the notecard, and posted it on my new miligirl website. That same day my daughter, Mikhaila, walked in my office and looked over my shoulder at the “Green Goddess” notecard on my computer. She read the words on the card and stated, “oh my gosh, that me!” I took another look at the card and the image and replied, “Oh my gosh, you’re right!”

The color green has been my favorite color ever since I discovered that it was my father’s favorite color. Then it became my daughter’s favorite color when she discovered it was mine and her grandfather’s favorite color. Mikhaila rarely goes a day without wearing something green. Her friends even tease her about it. Furthermore, I did this painting before Mikhaila got her hair cut and styled just like the image in the painting. The weird part is that she didn’t realize that the hairstyle she chose was just like the image in the painting. Once again, art reflects life.
I love it!

Click here to visite the MiliGirl Collection Website

"There are two ways to live, you can live as if nothing is a miracle' you can live as if everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein



MiliGirl Note Cards make unique gifts for women. Find and send the perfect "Just Because" greeting card at the MiliGirl Collection online store.

Please share this post with others - Thanks! Melanie Banayat
__________________________________________________________
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello !!
you are invited to join the new website www.art-forums.com and present your blog.
thanks and good luck.
af.

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!