Friday, April 11, 2008

View Notecards















Welcome
to
the
MiliGirl
Collection



Please visit my website to view the full line of MiliGirl Collection notecards at
www.MiliGirl.com

The art featured on my notecards come from my original oil paintings, where the images were inspired by real people and real life stories.

The MiliGirl Collection notecards target women going through different, and sometimes trying, life experiences - from marriage and motherhood to career changes and body-image issues.

I started painting these images of women as a form of therapy after my fifteen-year marriage ended in a painful and difficult divorce. During that period of time I was consoled by many friends, acquaintances, and even complete strangers who shared with me their own personal stories of enduring life’s challenges and rising up through recovery. Their stories were expressed to me by way of belly shaking laughter, to shoulder soaking tears, and ear piercing screams, which ultimately inspired me to paint and write about all of it. Their stories and my own were the whole reason I was able to paint these images and write the words to compliment them -- because they’re real.

These frameable ‘Anytime Cards’ include categories such as: “Motherhood”, “Rising Up”, “Living Green”, “Romance”, and “Real Women”.

The notecards speak the language of common ground - “I see you, I feel for you, and I know your heart more than you may realize”, or “Hey, maybe we’re not so different after all -- and that’s a good thing.”

There are a total of 24 different notecards in the line, and another dozen on the way. The notecards are 5" x 7" blank inside, printed on recycled, satin finish, coated cardstock. The ‘MiliGirl’ website for the notecards is scheduled to be complete in June.

Pictured below are twelve of the 24 notecards. The very last notecard pictured will be available soon as part of the next dozen notecards.

If you are a greeting card rep or retail store interested in carrying the line please contact me at (928) 717-9323.



Click on the cards to see an enlarged image































































Click on the cards to see an enlarged image











































































Click on the cards to see an enlarged image















































Click on the cards to see an enlarged image




































Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Proud Mama said...

Well 3 years ago I saw your paintings in the town square of Prescott AZ. and my breathe was taken and I was brought to tears, I was so moved by your art, it spoke to me.

You see, I am not the Artist of the family, far from it, I like beautiful paintings and such but nothing has ever had an affect on me like your paintings did, I had even asked you about painting a picture of me and my boys, I still think of that and hope someday one of your beautiful paintings will grace my walls.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us and God bless you.

Melanie Banayat said...

Your comments have left me speechless. I have tried a number of times to write a reply, and nothing sounded right. I hope we have the chance to meet again, and maybe someday I will get to do a painting of you and your boys.

Proud Mama said...

I look forward to meeting you again, maybe the next time you have a show in Prescott I will be able to stop by. My youngest son is a Leukemia Survivor and he attends the Camp Rainbow up in Prescottt in August. Will there be a show then at all? My oldest son has a love for art and enjoys the different techniques he gets to see so I know he willbe excited as well. Thank you for responding. Have a wonderful day!

Melanie Banayat said...

At the moment I do not have any shows scheduled here in Prescott during August. However, there is always stuff in the works, so check back in with me before your trip. You can always email me at info@banayatfineart.com.
Take care!

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!