Monday, September 8, 2008

Fortune of the Day



Fortune of the Day:
"How fortunate: "You are free to invent your life."

When looking for simple things in life that bring us joy I think of things like a smile, a hug, or receiving a card in the mail. I love that kind of stuff! Call me corny, I don’t mind; I’ve been called worse things.

I’m the type of person that looks forward to opening those little pieces of paper that come out of the funny shaped cookies that we get at Chinese restaurants at the end of a meal, that we know are not true, and yet, in a lot of cases, we wish that they were!

After eating the cookie we sometimes save our favorite ones. We put them in our wallets, pin them to our bulletin boards, tape them to our computers, or hang them on the refrigerator door. They can predict the mundane or the outrageous, and chances are they are funny as all get out (especially if you add the words ‘in bed’ to the end of the phrase).

Definition of Fortune:
often a hypothetical, personified force or power that favorably or unfavorably governs the events of one's life:
a. fortunes: The turns of luck in the course of one's life.
b. Success, especially when at least partially resulting from luck:
c. A person's condition or standing in life determined by material possessions or financial wealth:
d. Extensive amounts of material possessions or money; wealth.
e. A large sum of money:
f. Fate; destiny
g. A foretelling of one's destiny.


Here are a few fortunes that I’ve saved…



Do you have a favorite fortune that you've saved?



Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

TomboCheck said...

I once had a blank fortune cookie. I took it as a sign that the end was nigh, and I would soon die. Surely those with no fortunes to foretell have very little time left, right?

But now I'm guessing they just ran out of ink, because I'm still here. :)

Rick said...

Didn't save it, but it said... "In the very near future you will eat a very stale tasting cookie.

It was right! Man, was that a shocker.

Melanie Banayat said...

This is me giggling :), :), :) !!!!

I'm glad you're still here Tom, because I look forward to your comments. They bring about a smile and a chuckle.

Melanie Banayat said...

Rick,
Doesn't that make you wonder who thought of putting such a fortune in a cookie. I want that job! Getting paid to come up with fortunes for fortune cookies!

TomboCheck said...

And my dad always said I'd be good for nothing.... If he could only see me now. Making people laugh across the entire internet! :)

Rick said...

I think a lady with your skills would have the qualifications for such a job. But you've got to wonder about what kind of $'s you'd be pulling down.

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!