Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What is RSS?


Soooo.....What the heck is RSS FEED anyway?


In the shortest and simplest layman terms that I can come up with to describe RSS it’s like creating your own customized daily newspaper that contains only the content you want to read, and it all gets delivered directly to your computer for free.

I found two different links that show you how it all works – in terms that common everyday folks can understand.

RSS explained the Oprah way

RSS in geek & techie terms = "Really Simple Synidcation"
RSS in Oprah terms = "Ready for Some Stories"

Watch the YouTube Video on RSS

* If you would like to subscribe to my RSS Feed -- Just look for the subscription button in the side bar.


Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

TomboCheck said...

RSS makes the blogosphere go round.

Makes going through the 100+ posts I subscribe to every day a breeze. :)

joseph's art and stuff said...

information, humor, and great art, thanks i wondered what rss is. looking forward to seeing more art.

Melanie Banayat said...

Yes, yes, I hear you! I'm ready for some more art as well! Been going round and round with four new pieces. So, very soon.

Unknown said...

Thank for the info on RSS sounds interesting and time saving for busy artists.

Rick said...

I think the little RSS guy is sitting on a toilet.

Melanie Banayat said...

Oh my gosh, Rick! I think you're right ... It IS a toilet!

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!