Thursday, September 18, 2008

SNAP OUT OF IT!

It’s Crunch Time . . .

I spent the summer hangin’ out ‘a lot’ with the kids -- Lazy Sunday afternoons canoeing and swimming in the lake, camping, and letting my daughter, Mikhaila, drive me everywhere so she could get lots of practice driving. I didn’t want it to end. But now that school is back in session and a few art festivals are right around the corner I’ve got to snap out of it. Go ahead and say it . . . MELANIE, SNAP OUT OF IT!

I’m finally shifting gears. The countdown for the Sedona Art Festival is on, I have wet paintings all over the studio, and a few others on the kitchen counter in repair, just discovered a flat tire on the trailer, got ten other irons in the fire, and no time in my schedule to color the gray hair that is taking over the not so easy to hide areas around my forehead near my temples! What is this? I’m starting to look like Lily Munster. AAAAAH! What to do, what to do?

Actually, I’m having a ball! It’s all so fun and exciting to me. Well, maybe not the flat-tire part.

Check out my schedule of events at Banayat Fine Art. Plus, Don't forget about my upcoming Art Giveaway! at my MiliGirl Collection online store. Please spread the word!


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Rick said...

"Lily Munster" Very funny. Lily wasn't a bad looker with the hair streak thing she had going.

I plan to play along on the Giveaway thingie.

I enjoyed checking out your art on the other sites. It makes me want to sent my pencils aside and pull our my brushes.

I enjoyed looking at your work, as always.

Melanie Banayat said...

I'm pretty tired of coloring my hair, it's such a pain! I'm trying really hard to accept the Lily Munster streak thing that I've got going, but it's weird. I'm a little more salt and pepper than Lily. If it were just a cool streak like Lily's then maybe I'd be good with it. LOL!

Unknown said...

Ok so I have to say you made me laugh too with the "Lily Munster"

I needed it today so thanks for making it available to read! =)

hugs

Melanie Banayat said...

Hey there Anissa! Good to hear from you, as always. Yes, the whole aging thing makes me laugh. The laugh lines keep getting deeper though! I like to call them laugh lines -- it sounds nice, doesn't it?

Have you signed up for my mailing list yet? I want to make sure you receive invitations to my exhibitions.

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!