Thursday, March 27, 2008

'Kiss' Goodbye

There are some paintings that mean a little more to me than others, which makes it that much harder to part with it.























At the Fountain Hills Fine Art & Wine Affaire a woman came over to my booth and we struck up a conversation about motherhood (and grandmotherhood), and before I knew it she said, “I always wanted to decorate a room around a piece of art”, then she pointed to the original painting of ‘Kiss’ and said, “I just bought a new house, and I believe that’s the piece that I’m going to decorate around.”

‘Kiss’ was one of my favorite pieces. It hung in my own living room for only a short while last summer after I finished it. I’m glad it found a home with someone who appreciates it enough to make it a centerpiece of her home. That’s pretty cool. Congratulations Gail!


“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” Dr. Seuss


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!