Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Kids - Happiest Time


My son, Dakota, and I have some really wonderful conversations every morning while he waits for his school bus. He’s eleven years old, and so full of life, joy, silliness, and energy. He’s such a cool kid! Yet, he can be pretty deep in his thoughts and questions at times. The other day he asked me when the happiest time and saddest time of my life was. The happiest time was really simple. NOW! I was happy to say. Because I’m FINALLY doing what I love (working as a full-time artist), plus, I told him that it’s also the happiest time because I have the most amazingly wonderful relationships with my kids (he agreed with me – which was cool!), I have an awesome boyfriend who makes me laugh, and takes me dancing “often” (which is my other passionate escape), and my relationship with my mother is the best it’s ever been. Then he asked if there were other happiest times. I said, sure -- When each of my kids was born, of course, and there were certain times that were really happy during my marriage to his father. The second part of his question was harder to answer – not because I couldn’t think of anything to tell him, but because of the emotional significance that still makes my stomach get tight. But, I did tell him.

I tell you, moments like that with my kids are priceless.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!