Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Life - Determination

"When we sit down day after day and keep grinding, something mysterious starts to happen... Unseen forces enlist in our cause; serendipity reinforces our purpose."
(
Steven Pressfield)


One day as I was walking through the village in picturesque Ajijic, Mexico I walked right next to this gorgeous cat (gato) – almost brushing up against her with my shoulder, because the sidewalks are barely wide enough for one person. She never even acknowledged my presence; she was hyper focused on her goal (the bird perched at the top of the bars that covered the window just a few feet above her). I quickly pulled out my camera.








Later on when I looked closely at the pictures on my computer I couldn’t help but think how we humans can be much the same in our pursuit of something that we want “really, really bad”.

Sometimes we can be a bit “Obsessive Compulsive” about it. But I suppose that's what it takes -- even if only for a period of time.









I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor.

(Henry David Thoreau)


















"However depressed I may be I am not in the habit of giving up a project without having tried everything, even the 'impossible', to gain my end."
(Paul Gauguin)

















The miracle, or the power, that elevates the few is to be found in their industry, application, and perseverance under the prompting of a brave, determined spirit.
(Mark
Twain)

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!