Saturday, March 15, 2008

Women - 'Girl Time'

Women – ‘Girl Time’

Ladies night is the best invention! Ok, maybe not “THE” best invention, but pretty darn close.




Carolyn & me -
hangin' out at Matt's Saloon
(dancin'!)





Actually, it can be ladies day, ladies weekend, or ladies whatever…. It don't matter! Women (girls) getting together with other women is ‘healing time’. It’s just plain good medicine for the soul! Ever since I moved here to Prescott, Arizona a year and a half ago I’ve been buried pretty deep in the trenches of my business. All work and no play is starting to take its toll on me. I really need to take time to find some female companionship. No hard feelings, Greg, but your giggle just isn’t the same as my chica’s – which is probably a good thing. I really miss my girlfriends up in Bend, Oregon, and down in Ajijic, Mexico. Email just doesn’t cut it. Phone calls don’t cut it. I mean, I love hearing from my friends, but it’s that energy of the group that makes ladies night …..well, ladies night!
There have been some pretty amazing women who have inspired me, influenced me, and touched my life in ways that they many never truly come to realize. I’m particularly grateful to some very special women in my life that held me up when my life was touching rock bottom (Carson, Michelle, and Paulette). And other’s who welcomed me into their group when I was an outsider and all alone in an unfamiliar land (Dana, and Kristina). I guess that’s another reason why I pay tribute to women in my artwork. There is a lot of inner strength that women get from each other.

I need to move that matter up on my priority list in my life...
“Girl Time”!


“Girls just wanna have fu’ un!”

I love these pictures where I’m just hangin’ out with my girlfriends and having fun. I wish I could find my pictures with me and my girlfriends, Carson & Michelle, but I’ve moved so many times in the past 3 & ½ years that I have misplaced a few things along the way, including those precious pics. I know there around here somewhere!!!

Dana, Kristina & me in Ajijic







Me & my dear friend Barbara (my clothes shopping buddy! She has fun taste in clothes. She inspires me because of her youthfulness in her mid 70's!!!


Friends since 3rd grade -- Me, Vikki, & Gina
(35 years!) WOW! That makes us sound like were getting ....O...O... nah, no way!




Me & Tammy Friends for Life!




















Lorri, me & Kristina




Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Now You Can Personalize My MiliGirl Notecards on my Zazzle Store!